TRAIL OF HERTS
Saturday 21st September 2013
The latest event as part of the Trail Running Association's list of events along with the Thames Ring 250 and The Ridgeway Challenge 85 miles.
A 55 mile trail race starting in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, heading East and South East along trails using parts of The Chilterns Way, Hertfordshire Way, Chain Walk, disused railways and canal and riverside paths. The race will finish in the centre of London.
The beautiful market town of Berkhamsted is set deep in the heart of the Chiltern Hills, in the county of Hertfordshire, with the Grand Union Canal passing through it.
It is very accessible from all areas of the country with major motorways and mainline and local rail services passing through. A fast train from London Euston leaves every 10 minutes and only takes 30 minutes.
There are many options for accommodation within Berkhamsted and surrounding areas.
Comprehensive information about the event can be found here (word doc)
- Start time will be 8.30am on Saturday 21st September 2013 from Berkhamsted Cricket Club.
- Toilets, changing facilities, tea, coffee, bacon sandwiches and much more will all be available.
- A race briefing will be given in the cricket club 10 minutes before the race start.
- Parking is available.
- An online interactive map is available to use through your mobile phone or similar device and can also be printed off for use.
- The entire course will be clearly marked with red and white reflective tape prior to the race to assist all runners and for countryside care, the tape will be removed after the last runner.
Entry on line at Runners World or by post. The Application Form can be downloaded here.